ako.

My photo
I surround myself with the pretty and the meaningful. This blog is an endeavor to capture and share those moments.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Stories are on the way!

I haven't been posting regularly. It isn't that I haven't been writing but sometimes I can spend days trying to perfect something before I submit it. I also like to write while I walk around and it can be difficult to decipher what I've scribbled all over margins and over typed words. I have heard that procrastination is often a side effect of seeking perfection. It can also be a show of laziness but that isn't so (in this case).

I've also been struggling with being overindulgent in finding joy in the detailing of events in my life. That's worded strangely but at this point I just want to get something down. It is good to be so amused by one's own life but I wonder if others will share the same experience enjoying my stories or whether they find it narcissistic. I suppose if you do, please stop reading. If you like it, keep on. This weekend I will be quite busy but I promise stories of lighting friends on fire, running away from the bouquet toss, a well-thought out piece of dating advice and a detailed account of Doug, known to my friends as "that neighbor".

No comments:

Post a Comment