ako.

My photo
I surround myself with the pretty and the meaningful. This blog is an endeavor to capture and share those moments.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

:) x 10

Roadtrip with the boys several summers ago to Seattle for a Mariners's game.
(Shane's applying lip gloss to a snoring Stephen).
Paul, Shane, me & Stephen in the backseat.
We look young.

My bags are finally packed and my ticket confirmation is printed! I used bringing T3 vino from our local Townshend Winery for a gift as an excuse to check luggage and bring more shoes along. This evening I am leaving Spokane, WA, for Davis, CA, where I'm meeting up with two of my favourite people, Stephen and Shane! We met several years ago at Gonzaga University, where we worked in the summers and were students during the academic years. We used to talk and laugh for hours when we were together and have managed to stay close with long phone calls and getting together whenever we can. We'll be meeting and staying with Shane's family--and I am beyond excited about this. I've heard stories about them and I'm always really interested to see who shaped my best friends into who they are. Shane has been torturing his mother this past week trying to convince her she hasn't made it clear we can stay with them and that we'll probably book a hotel--I can hear the amusement in his voice and her protesting in the background. :) This long weekend will reunite the three of us together for the first time since we were undergraduates--wow. I'm both incredibly excited and quite sad. The reason for our quick trip down there is Shane will be deployed (I have a habit of saying deported for some unknown reason) to serve in Afghanistan for a year in August. I can't wait to see the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment